If you're driving up 95 through Connecticut - I feel for you - stop at Papa's Pizza in Milford, CT (exit 35). Its just as far off the freeway as McDonalds but you won't be eating mystery meat or supporting the uber corporate world. His pizza is nice and thin, with fresh ingredients and really good sauce.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Who knew packing up your life and getting a condo ready for renters would take so much time? So i only made it through a few items on my list. Since we'll be moving to southern VA instead of say, Europe... it'll be easier to check them off sooner or later. So we'll focus on my ridiculous summer of travel.
Monday, June 07, 2010
"Oh, they were millions, as we were just one
It's just a heart for mine, having his own fun
Leave us a friend, he's living life, he's lonely
Leave us a friend, he's just living life before me, now."
- Old Man Chicago by Alberta Cross.
Hauntingly soulful rockers.
Friday, June 04, 2010
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee United!
Olay, Olay Olay Olay. Olay, Olay.
400 of my closest friends and I joined together on Wednesday to cheer on our MLS team. The poor attendance was a disappointment but the brava brava guys were pretty rockin.
Also soccer players are yummy when they change their shirts.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010
After almost 10 years in DC, I am moving in 22 days. So with 22 days to go... I have a lot to do (and a lot more ideas to come up with)
- Go to a DC United Game and sit in the brava brava section. - Wednesday the 2nd!
- See a show at Rock and Roll Hotel - Alberta Cross on Friday the 4th!
- Volunteer at DC Central Kitchen
- Check out the National Portrait Gallery
- Finally check out the National Zoo. I cant believe i haven't been yet.
- Get to the top of the Washington Monument
- Eat takeout from the in-home thai place, Thai X-ing
- Dinner at Masa 14
- Cocktails at the speakeasy on U Street
- Check out the fish market again
- Get the truffle lobster mac n' cheese at the Four Seasons restaurant, with champagne.
- Finish my "Mac n' DC" list while we're on the subject.
- Eat at Komi
- How could I forget - West Wing Tour!
- Check out the US Marine Corps Parade at 8th and I
- Breakfast at Florida Avenue Grill - Saturday, June 5 with Jess!
- Spectacular dinner at Acqua Al 2 in Eastern Market. Friday, June 4th With Morgan and Patrick.